Glomex VHF/AIS/Radio Splitter - 12VDC
VHF/AIS/Radio Splitter - 12VDC
The RA201 splitter allows the use of just one VHF antenna to simultaneously receive VHF, AM/FM and AIS radio signals; without sacrificing performance on the VHF transceiver. This compact, economical and innovative device can be easily installed in any place. It requires only a 12Vdc power source with a maximum of just 25 mA power consumption.
The unit comes with a coaxial input from the VHF antenna and three outputs for VHF, AM/FM radio and AIS.
Thanks to an electronic circuit specifically developed by Glomex and the presence of a built-in preamplifier, the RA201 splitter is able to offer high performance in all three applications, ensuring effective transmission and reception for VHF.
The splitter’s maximum input power for VHF is 100 watts, twice as much as most devices on the market.
- Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Frequency of radio reception: 100 KHz to 200 MHz (GO/PO/OC/FM included)
- Frequency of transmission/reception VHF: 100 MHz to 200 MHz (marine/ham radio)
- Frequency of AIS reception: 100 MHz to 200 MHz
- Built-in preamplifier: 15dB shared on two inputs (to compensate power loss)
- VHF power range: from 0.2 watts min to 100 watts max
- Maximum power consumption: 25 mA
- Voltage source: 13.8 V (from 10 Vdc min. to 16 Vdc max)
- Cable supplied: 60 cm (2’) red (+) and black (-)
- Protection: Fast blow fuse 5×20 mm -315 mA (included)
- VHF antenna: SO-239 jack
- VHF: RG-58 C/U cable 60 cm (2’) + male PL-259 connector
- Radio: RG-59 A/U cable 60 cm (2’) + male Motorola connector
- AIS: RG-58 C/U cable 60 cm (2’) + male BNC connector
- Housing: length 83 mm (3” ¼) x width 48 mm (2”) x height 38 mm (3” ¼)
- Anti-spreading metal-epoxy paint, high resistance to rust and oxidization
- Mounting: by 4 each 4mm screws
- Connect the antenna cable with a PL-259 connector to the splitter RA201 S0-239 jack
- Connect the marine VHF radio to RA201 using the marine “VHF radio” cable of RA201
- Connect the AM/FM radio receiver to RA201 using the “AM/FM radio” cable of RA201
- Connect the AIS receive only to RA201 using the “AIS receiver” cable of RA201
- Connect the splitter’s power supply (can be hooked to boats’ accessory panel)
- Make sure that power supply polarities are not reversed: red to positive (+) and black to negative (-)
- Do not use without first connecting the VHF antenna
- Do not reverse the connections
- ONLY FOR “RECEIVER ONLY” AIS DEVICES. NOT SUITABLE FOR AIS TRANSPONDER DEVICES
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including LEAD which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Type: Misc